Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Contemporary Style

Kenn Brown's farewell to kitty
I've never done any illustration in Photoshop and decided as most of the contemporary artists either combine their paintings with digital or use digital as their main method, that it was time I learned.


Kenn does both and has some extraordinary work. I found this recent digital painting he produced when his little cat passed on.  I've been looking for an excuse to do an image of my little Lucy who recently passed away, but it was too difficult until now as she was with me for nearly 16 years. Although I have used Kenn's cat as an example, and copied a lot of his techniques, I found it's a great way to learn and try new tools. 





















I call it LSD (Lucy in the sky) and I had a great time making it. I had to create new eyes for her and draw the wings. Will probably try to do it again as a painting and see how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment