Monday, June 20, 2011

Exercise: A subjective drawing

I had so much fun with this. I found a beautiful feather recently which I have been looking at and wondering what it would look like if I tried to paint it. Would I be able to capture the beauty of the simple feather? 
I guess it's all subjective and I found I wanted to do more and more as I explored this simple beautiful object of nature.


My first feeling on feather was light, but I tended to lean towards peacock 
My mood board or story board of feathers. The small one on the left is real.
The picture of Matt, top right is the Egyptian goddess of truth and justice.
Her ostrich feather that she always wore represents truth.

starting with sketchbook pencil drawings
to adding charcoal with pencil
watercolour flower plants

ink and chalk on textured paper
watercolour with gold sparkle glue


birds of a feather -acrylic



No comments:

Post a Comment