Sunday, June 26, 2011

Exercise: Using black and white

The purpose of the exercise is to create a black and white graphic image from one of the themes suggested. I decided to choose the sea, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but when I actually started cutting and pasting found it may have been a bit too ambitious as it was quite time consuming. The end result was very interesting and I'm quite please with the effect, but not sure that I succeeded with the objective which was to create an image without lines.
Perhaps if I had also used a gray tone as an additional 'colour', I might have been able to eliminate all lines, but I should have been more realistic with my original drawing and kept it simple.


Initial line drawing
inversed
Cut outs from black and pasted onto the white drawing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment