Thursday, March 3, 2011

Words to Pictures

Exercise: Turning words into pictures


We were given a choice of 7 words of which I chose Wild. The other words, Childhood, Exotic, Fashion, Destruction, Travel and Kitchen are options that I might try out later. Perhaps Exotic.


I didn't feel like I was moving around a scene with Wild. I conjured up images which I places around the page, but the next one I do will be a complete image. Perhaps more like a scene in a movie or an illustration for a book so that everything connects in the one scene.




However this is the starting point and each image on the page is a reflection of how I view wild. Abstract and limited perhaps, but as always a good starting point. These are doodles but I imaging you could bring in all types of elements to help create the 'feel' and 'texture' of the word as well as the little drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment