Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Exercise: Visual Metaphors

Economic Catastrophe
The purpose of this exercise was to choose a subject and create a drawn visual list of objects and subjects that could be used to symbolise the subject in a visual shorthand.
I started with a spidergram which then led me to some ideas for visual communication.

My first thoughts when I envisioned economic
catastrophe was how it was created by greedy
fat bankers.  Cheshire cat types with the fake smiles
.
Savings: how many thousand of people
all over the world lost all their savings?
The metaphor is the safety of savings
programs that are sitting on a time bomb.
Swimming in a sea of debt. The unsinkable
ship (bank) disappearing into the sea of debt.
 
I could have done a lot more countries here, but the metaphor
is clear enough. This could be quite powerful if drawn up properly
I just love my little piggy bank metaphor so thought I
would give it an international feel.
The entire world economy blowing up. Very political! 
Back to the Greeks leading the way in how not to
run a country. But I think I prefer the dominos.
It's a simpler, more straightforward message

No comments:

Post a Comment