Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Point of sale continued

I didn't get a chance to finish my last painting before going on holiday. Rather than rush into doing something that might or might not work, I left it until now.
Cherries are such a wonderful spring fruit, so I was having quite a hard time finding fresh cherries, especially here in Dubai, and even thought they were a bit stale, felt that no other fruit worked quite as well depicting spring and summer as the delicious cherry. 
The theme 'cherries from heaven' kept popping into my head, so I thought ok, lets have them falling from the sky rather than on a plate or bowl.
As soon as I have posted these layouts up I will take all the jpgs to the print house for some high res prints just to see how they actually look full size. It could mean a whole new set of work, but then again, it might just work. Lets see.
watercolour of my cherries

At 100% without computer alteration

Slightly enlarged, but I decided not to go any larger unless
I paint an entirely new drawing with more detail.

I like the blue background, but does it work with the green 

with an added drop shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment